Iceland

 



The country I have been dreaming to visit since 2019 is Iceland.

This country is just absolutely marvelous, has too many different landscape, from lagoons to volcanoes and mountains, as well, the weather is very cold just how I love to. Also has endogenous species of animals like the Icelandic horse, the puffins and the Icelandic sheep. Moreover, it is the last Viking settlement, this is the big reason why I started to searching information.I’m very intrigued by the Viking culture who it is not very well knowing, plus I’m a big fan of the Vikings series of National geographic.

One fun fact that I know it is that there are more Icelandic sheep than people, they double the population number. Other curious fact, is that Iceland has got one hundred and thirty active volcanoes and recently on April 13th the Fagradalsfjall volcano has erupted. Watching an Iceland documental I learned a traditional recipe that make Icelandic farmers, they put with just salt and water the sheep´s skull on the oven with the rest parts of the dead sheep and eat it like a family barbecue here in Chile. A positive fact is that Iceland it´s one of the countries with the smallest gender gap according with the Gender Inequality Index has got 0.921 value. An unfortunate fact that I know is a tradition that they keep from their ancestors the: Massacre in the Feroe Islands. Once a year the people reunited to kill whales just for killing not for food like  their ancestors used to do, in these events one hundred and eighty whales died for no rational reason. 

Nonetheless I would like to visit it, since 2019 I have been following a Instagram account named @lost.in.iceland where they share many touristic places and tours. I would like to do "The ring road" that it is a road that runs around Iceland and connects most of inhabited parts of the country. This tour last between 10 to 14 days and has over 55 attractions. My top five attractions I would like to visit is the golden circle, jokulsarlon glacier lagoon, seljalandsfoss waterfall, myvatn and stokksnes mountain. I would love to visit lots of this 55 attractions that´s why I would like to live there for one or maybe two months working in a Cafe or a shop, and this plan I want to carry it out that´s why I want to learn and improve my English.


Comentarios

Publicar un comentario